Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No More Spandex!

Nice weather ended after October and I was finally able to accept men wearing capri pants here. Sure, I think it looks really silly on every man...but nearly every man seems to wear them so I have decided to put it in my "It's Euro" file and call it a day. I do that with many things- wearing only black in the winter, scarves, not matching, skinny's on men...and the list goes on. But there is one thing I can just not accept...in fact I can't even handle it. This would be the amount of men wearing spandex in this country. I am not just talking about your run of the mill running tights...I am talking shorts, capris, and tops. And the men wearing these unfavorable clothes are of all sizes. Now I know that I am a woman who has a closet full of this synthetic material as I have been teaching group fit for years, but I am not a big person and not a man so I think I can pull this off while working out. Yes, in the defense of these male spandex offensors they are working out at the gym, but they are everywhere...and it has gotten so much worse as it has gotten colder! Today was the last straw as I saw a man in an orange polo shirt and black and gray super tight, spandex capris lifting. His outfit was festive enough in color for halloween, and certainly scary enough...but the wrong time of year! At least his pants were black in the crotch area...I think the worst is when I come upon one that has a brightly colored pair on and you can see everything...EVERYTHING! I just don't see the problem with shorts...even the ones of the short variety are better than this. If I can ever snap a good picture without looking completely creepy I will share the horror.
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: