Friday, January 23, 2009

And We Have a Car, I Think.

I mentioned yesterday how I really needed a car to go and pick up fitmilsch and other things, right? So I marched my butt down to TJ's company via the tram, picked him up, and then we headed to BMW. The woman who is in charge of our lease was there and had spoken with TJ minutes before to let him know that someone was driving our car back from Freiburg as we spoke. This sounds awful, but TJ and I were secretly hoping that it broke down in some safe way as someone else drove it. Unfortunately this didn't happen. We still picked up our rental as we figured it may be a while before we would actually see it. This woman told us that they would take a look at it to make sure it was fixed and then give us a call. I will admit that sometimes I have a tendancy to become angry in situations such as these (you know, when you are paying a lease on an expensive and insufficient product and then the company doesn't care about you until they decide to), but BMW lady did not get to see my rath as my husband started in asking her questions very politely in front of a room full of her colleagues. She dodged every question skillfully acting as if this has never happened to anyone...and almost as if she had no idea what we were talking about. As my temperature was boiling he said, "So what happens? This is the third time since we have had it since November and it keeps needing repair. What should we do when this happens again?" (Or something like this). Her colleagues are all staring at him in disbelief and she says, "We are looking at it again, and this is not normal". What? Could she not understand this? It is alsmost like she didn't understand what we were asking. So, I continued to be passive aggressively short with her and we got in our rental and drove away.
FYI, when this happens again (as I am sure it will)...she will get no call. I will be at her office ready to take no prisoners and will not let her get away with any of the crap she pulled yesterday. And for those of you who don't believe me, call the Evans, Georgia Target or the Wendy's on Riverwatch Pkwy in Augusta, Georgia. They have seen my rath.
We shall see, TJ is supposed to pick up our piece of crap today. And we are also toying with the idea of going to Austria or Switzerland next weekend to snowboard again. This time we will have our dog and a hotel...just in case. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Auf Wiedersehen

No comments: