Monday, March 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I made it home safely yesterday morning and couldn't have been happier to sleep off my jet lag upon entering my house! The flight was good and seemed amazingly short. This might have had something to do with the two movies I watched and my self prescribed dose of Tylenol PM that put me to sleep for a couple hours, but short all the same. I watched Tyler Perry's "The Family That Preys" (it was okay) and "Twilight" (awesome). I was really hoping for a chick flick...but the airlines never have those :(. I got in around 5:30 in the morning and scooted right past customs and got my bags in all of 25 minutes...which is kind of amazing in Frankfurt. Then I ran out hoping to see the dog and TJ and...they were no where to be found! We had daylight savings the night before and T forgot! No worries as they were there in about 5 minutes and were able to drive up and get me. The little boy (Tut) couldn't have been happier to see me...his curled up tail wagged at a phenominal rate and he whined with excitement! We got home about a half hour later and I hit the sack hard until 2:30 when Tut woke me by tapping me on the forehead with his paw. We then joined TJ downstairs for a well deserved lazy afternoon!
Today I feel fantastic! We got up early and got ready for the day as the workers are now here finishing up the balcony. The rest of the day calls for unpacking, laundry, changing the closets for Spring, and of course a pasta dinner. I loved my time in the States with family and friends, but I am very happy to back in Germany with TJ where I belong!
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: