Monday, March 9, 2009

Graduation Dinner

I officially finished school last Monday, as many of you know so TJ and I wanted to celebrate by having a fun night on the town. And it was very fun...so fun I didn't feel normal until this morning. I got to choose where we went and decided on a sushi restaurant we have had our eye on for a while. It is called "The East" and sits on the Parade Platz in the heart of Mannheim. Here I am, and you can kind of see it behind me. We had the cutest little server and we had pretty good service there for Germany. We started with a pair of my favorite drinks, the caipirinha. I love them and can't get enough of them...as you can see!
The sushi was fantastic!!! We decided to get the sushi platter full of everything delicious...it was so pretty. And yes we ate everything (except for the salmon eggs) including some miso soup and a large helping of edamame.
The server seemed happy that we ordered the big one and even shocked when we ordered our saki. I think the saki is what made me not feel so good the next day. We were full, so we decided to drink our dessert instead at a bar upstairs called the Starz Cocktail Lounge. It is up in a tower on the top of the Bio Center and it is all glass with some good views of Mannheim. Here was our view of the Parade Platz...the building on the other side is a department store called the Kaufhof, and then you can see the tall apartments lit up behind it in the distance. It was nice to have a clear view.
We even got glow sticks in our drinks- we had some fun with this...

After three caipirinhas and a lot of fun we decided to catch the midnight train back to Seckenheim. We waited a little bit...you can see the train maps behind us at the stop. I like this one!

All in all it was a great night and a fun celebration. The rest of the weekend we just hung out at home as I hadn't done that in nearly two and a half years. It was so nice!
Next weekend should also be fun as we are headed to Dusseldorf, Germany on Friday to catch a Killers concert. Aside from the concert I am excited to see the city as it was listed as the 5th best city in the world to live in by BusinessWeek. We will see...stay tuned!
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: