Friday, March 13, 2009

Pay Dirt

Wednesday I picked up my friend Hazel and we headed to the Rhein-Neckar Zentrum as she told me there were some yummy American products at the Rewe (grocery) there. Before we got to Rewe, I found the place extrememy interesting...its like a mini shopping town with outlets and stuff. We didn't do anything besides head for the grocery, but I promise to go back and see what other things I can find after I get back from my trip.
Another funny thing I found was Frauen and MK Parking. So you know how in the US there is expecting and new mother parking up front near the handicap parking spots? We have something similar but different. I was approaching the front and Hazel said to park in the "frauen spots". I was like no way as I don't have kids and certainly not pregnant so no way. Then she mentioned that there were other spots for those women labeled MK (Mutter-Kind). I couldn't believe it! Front row parking for only women? I didn't know whether to jump for joy or question the matter. Crazy!
Once we got in Rewe and made it to the "International Aisle" I found some good stuff. The best hands down was the tex-mex stuff...Old El Paso. I said to Hazel..."let me introduce you to Texas"! She laughed and we stocked up. Other things purchased were Campbell's soup, hot tamales, Pam, and a bunch of Betty Crocker. It wasn't a bad section, and I will return!
For now I must pack the car for our Dusseldorf excursion complete with Killers Concert. Can't wait!
Auf Wiedersehen

No comments: