Thursday, March 19, 2009

Back in Iowa

I have been absent from blogging most of the week due to the fact that I am not in Germany right now. Here is what I have done so far...
Shopped (went to VM, Target, and hit the Chicago outlets), got my brows done, got my laptop fixed, went to the eye doctor, went to the dentist, got my new drivers license, and of course hung out with family and friends. Pretty good, huh?
Some have warned me about coming back as some things might be a shock or a disappointment as I have been away for so long and now used to the German lifestyle. This has been true for some things, but the opposite is true as well. For example, the roads here are terrible and I have an obscene amount of road rage. I much prefer driving in Germany...for sure. Also, I am amazed at the lack of traffic and lack of people out and about walking or whatever. In Germany, there are always people out even in bad weather. With that is noticing that more people are overweight here, not that I didn't know that before but now I just see it. Other than that the biggy is the amount of waste. I have one trash bag about every two weeks because we recycle everything. Even though people recycle it just isn't the same. Other than that I am good. I love that the sun has shined everyday all day. That has been great! And I also love how easy everything is...I don't have to think about when something will be open or how to communicate what I want- and it happens to be a nice change!
Tomorrow will be a great day as I get to have my hair cut and highlighted...and because it is my girls night. Four out of five of us will be together again and it should be fun!!! Although we will miss you Laura :). I will post pictures of that as well as my family get together on Saturday sometime this weekend. Until then...
Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FYI--Annie has been speaking in German to clerks and other misc. people. It's very funny!