Friday, March 27, 2009

The Paco's Experience

After I returned from Davenport on Wednesday, my family and best bud Rebecca went to dinner at Galleria de Paco. I would certainly say that Paco's is a very special restaurant in Waterloo that should not be overlooked. Our meals and desserts were fantastic, and the staff was wonderful. I love that when you make reservations that they make them for the entire night so you can have a relaxed dining experience. It was great! A little background...the family that owns them are the Rosic's, a Bosnian family that was relocated here during the war. As far as I know the son's name is Paco, and he and his parents own and run the restaurant. It is called the Galleria because Paco is an amazing artist. He has recreated the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel by using spray paint, and the restaurant also showcases some of his other creations. He is truly talented. In the next picture of Bec and I you can kind of see the ceiling he recreated...
I really wanted to get a picture with Jackie (the Dad) as he runs the front and was certainly a highlight for me. He is so funny and such a doll! He found out that I lived in Mannheim and told me he lived in that area for seven years...and this of course led to me being introduced to all of the Germans dining in the restaurant...and there were quite a few. TJ's company had representatives dining with company guests from Germany and then there was a group from Hochschule Mannheim. I haven't spoken or attempted to speak that much German in quite a while! Any way Jackie loved me enough to ask me to write in the hospitality book which was really sweet. He is also very funny...we wanted a picture with him and he happily agreed but told my mom she could do better after taking this photo...

The result was my Dad following Paco's direction that made Rebecca and I almost lose our dinner from excessive laughter. Needless to say the picture did not turn out. It was a great experience and I highly recommend anyone dining there...its a fabulous place!
Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A special night indeed! Thanks again to your family for including me!