Sunday, March 22, 2009

Busy Saturday

Saturday was fun but very busy. It wouldn't have seemed so busy if I had gotten more than five and a half hours of sleep the night before...and really any day here seems busier than most of my days in Germany. It started off with a family get together at my parent's house with my Mom's side of the family. It was fun to see everyone and catch up on family happenings! We had great food (Four Star pizza from the OP), and fantastic conversation. My Mom took some pictures, and yes all of them are candid.
In this one...me, Lynn, Aunt Toni, and Maggie...

My Uncle Joe and his girlfriend, Lynn (and yes we drink at our functions)...

It was very fun that my cousin brought her yellow lab (Hawkeye) to hang with my Mom's dog, and they were a huge hit amongst the Grandkids. This here is Jackson with the pooches...

It was such a nice day and the kiddos spent a lot of time in the backyard. Here are Jackson and Jacob hanging out...

Here is my Aunt Toni helping her Grandson climb a tree...

The ladies catching up over pizza...

And my cousin Maggie's adorable daughter Allie...she is so cute!

Some key people were missing, but all in all it was a great afternoon! Following the get together, Kelly, Rebecca, and I decided to hit up The Brown Bottle for some Italian food (delicious), and then saw "I Love You Man!" at the movies. It was the perfect movie for our tired moods...funny, funny, funny! Today I am just laying around watching TV and thinking about what I don't have to do today, and I am loving that. In fact, I started watching The Real Housewives of NYC. Those women are crazy, but I kind of like them!
Tomorrow calls for a trip to the Quad Cities to see friends and visit the doctor...and all my other favs (Chic-Fil-A and Cafe Express) so stay tuned!
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: