Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Update

I hate to say it, but we were sort of boring this weekend. Friday was low key for me except that I fianlly had to join Facebook as TJ had logged out of his...making it impossible for me to read what everyone was up to...thus I had to create my own. That night TJ got home and wanted to go out so we went to Ladenburg to get some burgers and fries at Fody's. From there we had a pretty low key evening. Saturday started with exercise early as we were supposed to go to a Rugby game in Heidelberg in the early afternoon. That never happened because it was raining and I am simply not a girl who hangs around in the rain watching a sport I have only ever heard about. Although, I am interested and would like to go to a game sometime though! Instead TJ and I went to Mannheim and hung out at Starbucks both studying (he focused on German and I focused on some really bad teen fashion) for a while before roaming the quadrat where to our surprise...we found a poster promoting that Lionel Richie is coming to town! We are sure going to try to go as we would never want to miss Lionel "dancing on the ceiling" :). After hearing that great news, we had a late lunch/early dinner at Maison Creole and it was pretty good. FYI this restaurant makes the strongest caipirina ever! It ended up being a fun afternoon/evening, even though we sort of just hung out. Sunday wasn't any fun until I finished writing yet another paper! To celebrate the paper completion, TJ and sat around and drank wine all night. And to us, that is always fun!
Next weekend should be more exciting as we are going with some friends to Austria for a fun snowboarding weekend. It should be great as I found a hotel that has a bunch of amenities (including a spa/sauna...yikes!) and is right next to the lift. This week I should have stories about TJ learning German. He is going through a couple of weeks of the intensive course that I went through...and today is his first day! I will update you tomorrow!
Auf Wiedersehen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! Lionel Richie!! I wish I lived in Germany!!