Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Strike a Pose

So yesterday, aside from homework, I caught up on the Oscars. Of course the red carpet is almost always better than the actual show and there were some gorgeous designs out there. My favorite was Natalie Portman, but there was another beauty out there...all hail to Heidi!
The lady can pull off anything, and although it maybe a little fashion too forward for my taste she was glamorous! And since she is the inspiration for this blog we can honor her.
With that being said I thought most of the Oscars were a bore...apart from the fashion. I wish there would have been more comedy...can we have John Stewart back please? I also wanted to drop kick Guiliana Rancic for acting like a big freak over Brad and Angelina. Granted, I did like Angelina's dress...and coming from me that is a compliment because I do not care for anything else about her and never have...but can we just get over these two?
Something I forgot to mention (while we are the subject of glamour and fashion) was the overpriced but amazing discovery I found this weekend. After TJ and I had dinner in Mannheim at San Remo (one of my favs) we walked down to the main train station to catch a drink at one of the bars there. It never happened because we were side tracked by one of the stores inside the station...its called Presse. And it had American magazines in it!!!!! I was in love as this is one thing I do miss about the States...my magazines. I didn't go for the People or In Touch like usual as I now catch all my celeb gossip from TMZ and Tyler Durden (who is a HUGE ass) online, but I found many others. I picked up 6 or so mags when I realized the price tag on each of them. Mine were all 9-13 EUR! Translation with exchange rate = unGodly expensive. So I settled for two and TJ got one too. For Vogue, In Style, and a Time we spent almost 25 EUR. Do you want to know what I say to that...worth every penny! We both skipped the drink and headed home where I spent two and a half hours doing my magazine ritual of first run throughs. It was a fantastic Friday night well spent, and all the fashion got me excited for the Oscars. The only bad thing is now I have to find a place for these beauties in my budget!
Auf Wiedersehen

No comments: