Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Re-Run Rant

I haven't had a lot of time to blog lately, or even go out in the world to find some interesting "German" stuff to get ideas to blog about because the weather has been lowsy and then there is school. Of course, as all of you know I have been consumed with the final days of my masters (other wise known as constant paper writing). In the midst of all this paper writing, I love to be able to take a couple breaks during the day to catch up on things that I have DVRed ...it actually happens to be very important down time for me. Well, normally it is. For the last week and a half I have been stuck with re-runs of some of my most favorite TV pleasures! It is getting very old as of course I saw them all the first time. We have a sling box in the US that records our shows and then we can watch them via the internet. We don't have German TV because we don't speak German and all of my shows are a year behind anyway due to translation. Any how I can only be thankful for the TNT shows (Closer, Leverage) and the HBO/Showtime shows (US of Tara and Flight of the Conchords). That would be 4 shows a week and only 3 hours of time. FYI, that is not a long time for someone trying to write a million page paper on the detailed HR systems in the for and non-profit sector...analyzing firm after firm...I need mindless TV!!!! This re-run crap had better be done next week or I actually might lose it! I miss Gossip Girl and How I Met Your Mother to name just a couple. I am not like most people as I can't just surf channels...it is between 1 am and 12pm Iowa time whenever I want to watch something. Uuughhh! What is a girl to do?
Auf Wiedersehen

No comments: