Friday, February 13, 2009

Austria Bound

It was such a production to organize, but we are headed to Austria for the weekend with some American friends. I was literally losing my mind for four days! This is the sequence of events...I booked two rooms at the Cordial Hotel in Wilden am Going, Austria in the Kitzbuhel Alps last Friday. Great location next to the lift, we can take our dog, blah blah...then Monday someone calls from the hotel and says they have overbooked for Saturday and will put us at a neighboring hotel that night. This does not work for us because we have a dog and there is a 3 hour lapsed time between check out and check in and basically we are not going all the way to Austria to snowboard and take a three hour break. After going back and forth with this damn hotel about 5 times I start to get pissed (if you can imagine) and decide that I am going to let booking.com take care of this whole situation. I called the American number as that is what I am and she gets on it...and the situation appears to be cleared up with the Cordial putting us up for both nights at the other place. So she goes to get confirmation from both hotels on Wednesday and the Cordial doesn't confirm and says that if we don't stay there then they aren't paying for any of it as the other hotel is much more expensive. Do you know why they kept going on like this? Because after Wednesday I can't cancel with out paying for the entire weekend. They wouldn't confirm anything until yesterday...wanting to stick me with the bill. And to make it worse she had a German colleague out of Amsterdam get involved and the hotel started lying to him!!!! What a mess. So yesterday we said screw it and my good friend at booking.com got me a new place in a different ski area at a lower price. I hate the Cordial Familien Hotel! They drove me nuts for four days and stuck me with a bill. The good news is that booking.com called me last night and let me know that they got more people involved and the hotel will not be charging me. Thank God, although I already had TJ call the credit card company to refuse charges as I wouldn't put it past them!
All is well, I hope. We leave today at 3:00 pm and should have a great time with our friends. I am kind of excited about our new hotel as it was a castle built in 1187 and it was converted into a hotel. Seems cool, and the silver lining is that there is a mexican restaurant inside for margaritas post boarding...well we will see as mexican food here is not what you would think. I'll let you know on Monday!
Schones Wochenende, Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: