Friday, December 26, 2008

A Salzburg Christmas

We had a very Merry Christmas and hope you all did as well! Salzburg is fantastic! It is a beautiful town that has an amazing feeling at this time of year. It is also unseasonably warm here, so there is no snow, but there are a ton of people out enjoying the city. We are actually doing more in the town tomorrow, including a classical Christmas concert (Mozart's music of course) and taking some tours. Here is a beauty of a photo that we took on Christmas Eve. Isn't it festive? The Salzburger Weihnachtsmarkt was also finishing up that night, so we joined in the festivities...and the Gluhwein! Here is a picture of some of the decorations in the old part of the city near the markets.
After a long walk through the city, we headed back to our hotel before dinner to open the gifts we got eachother. We didn't have a tree here, but it didn't seem to matter as we had a good time anyhow. We opened some family gifts as well, but our favorites were from eachother. The next picture I am posing wearing two gifts given to me by my hubby. He gave me some new Oakley snowboarding goggles, and a Jack Wolfskin fleece (don't worry Northface I am not cheating on you, I promise). I love both!
I LOVE giving gifts, even more than receiving them, and have been waiting patiently for weeks for TJ to open his gift. That would be tickets to The Killers concert in Dusseldorf, Germany in March! FYI, buying concert tickets here is not as easy as in the US. There were hoops...lots of hoops.
Christmas just wouldn't have been the same without the entire family! Tut Anthony also made the trip and loved all of his gifts as well...thanks Grandma and Grandpa! Here he is with a toy we gave him, the fuzz is now missing from it.

After gifts we had a wonderful "TJ and Annie style" Christmas dinner out. Yes, I am sure Joseph and Mary had some sort of sushi the night Christ was born...
Honestly it was delicious and matched the wonderful evening we were already having. The dinner led to another Christmas gift for me. Ready? The waitress told me I spoke wonderful German!!!! I can live on that one until next year!
Christmas day and today we spent snowboarding in the Austrian Alps near Salzburg. It was so much fun, and we have great pictures as well as videos of my bad ass husband to share within the next days. Until then,
Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful Christmas!!!