Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gorgeous Day

It is a beautiful day here in Mannheim for many reasons except one. Our car needs a whole new engine, so we are stuck with the luxury hooptie until next year (boo, hiss). Other than that it has been a wonderful day. First of all, it is a sunny 43 degree day here and I couldn't be happier about it. I went into the city center today to pick up some things and meet TJ for lunch and it was awesome. There are people everywhere shopping, people are playing music in the Quadrat, and the last day of the Mannheimer Weihnachtsmarkt is in full swing. I found myself wandering the Quadrat just looking at all things Christmas, and the best part, no snow! Sorry midwesterners...I know you are sitting pretty on a heap of snow in subzero weather, but I rarely am on the good end of the weather spectrum.
The best news of the day would be that TJ's bag was found and is arriving today, which is wonderful for me as there are many US goodies in there that TJ lugged back for me. Yes, one Christmas gift early for me! We leave tomorrow morning for Salzburg, but we decided to start the Christmas holiday early and join in the Mannheim Weihnachtsmarkt tonight. There should be many people there as no one is working this week, and it is the last night so we couldn't resist. I will try to have pictures and a blog to match for you to see before we take off tomorrow.
Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

TJ said...

so much for "German Engineering", my pontiac had 155,000 miles on it and no problems. 500 miles in a new bmw and it needs a whole new engine. weak.