Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Dry Cleaner

Here in Germany, customer service is less than desirable in every situation that I have been put in, especially when eating in a restaurant. But on occasion you can find a really good thing...and I have with the Seckenheim dry cleaner. The day after we moved into our house I had to take a bunch of clothes into town as TJ had been living in a hotel for a month and needed some clean clothes. I spoke almost ten words in German at this point, and the man that owns the business was very nice and understanding. So nearly every week since I have visited the shop and have conducted business, but also have enjoyed a little conversation. He knows that I am learning the language and has helped with my speech. Since I have finished he refuses to speak English, and won't let me either...if I say something incorrectly he helps by correcting me. I love going there! And more importantly he loves my dog, he always greets me and then comes around the counter to greet Tut. I should of known...he's a dog person, he must be good people!
Auf Wiedersehen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you've found a nice friend there! Sounds like he enjoys seeing you too!

Annie said...

Usually those Germans who know english want to speak it for practice, but this guy wants me to learn more than him practicing. I love my new advocate!