Monday, June 8, 2009

Day at Sea

Our last full day on the cruise was spent at sea sailing back to Barcelona. This was good because TJ and I were exhausted from our excurisions. The only really bad thing was the fact that we had 70 km winds which really rocked the boat and made laying out somewhat undesirable. Some braved it though on the pool decks. The staff ended up closing the pools as the rockiness got worse and children would have drown or at least gotten hurt by being thrown to the sides of the pool. As an ex-Aquatics Director I feel as though they should have closed it sooner as some of the stupid parents out there were still allowing the kids to get in before it was completely closed. TJ couldn't take the wind, and I ended up relocating to the back of the boat where the wind was near inexistant and lounged there for some of the afternoon. I started to feel sea sick about the time we had burgers and malts at Johnny Rockets, so we quicky ate so I could lay down. The malt was fantastic though!
Before dinner TJ brought me up some fast acting motion sickness stuff and I took one even though it said to take two. Then after dinner I took the second one and I shouldn't have. I wasn't drinking and TJ told me I was acting drunk and out of it all night...go figure.
Our last night we spent watching the Barcelona-Manchester United Champions Cup soccer game with the rest of the boat. It was fun and our team won! Go Barca Go!
We started out in one of the lounges, but it was hot an uncomfortable so we moved. This is the first venue...

And we ended up in the ice rink with our friends from England. We could have watched it anywhere as there were 1700 British on the boat and most of the others were Spanish. It was fun to watch and Iaian helped us with the rules and the calls since we are not soccer buffs! Here they are at the ice rink bar...


We headed to Boleros (another bar) after the game so the guys could get another drink. It just happened to be near where the last nights Mardi Gras Party was going on.


We had a great cruise...but after that day at sea I was ready to get to Barcelona. even after I got off the ship I was still bobbing..but it went away within the hour. More on Barca tomorrow!
Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like sooooo much fun!