Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cannes, France

We arrived in Cannes around 9:30 in the morning on our second cruise day, and I must say it is pretty amazing. Our bus dropped us right in the thick of things near the harbor, beach, and film festival. The boats are gigantic and outrageous from fishing boats to sailboats to big ass yachts (full of celebs, I am sure). And of course the beaches are ridiculous. But it is best to keep your eyes on the sea otherwise your view is of speedos and bare breasts...this is a good view...

After we messed around the harbor area we climbed up to the old city for some views and more pictures...and we got some goodies!

A city view.

A view of the sea beyond the west side of Cannes.

And a harbor view complete with a look at the film festival tents. Pretty, huh?

The town was bustling with an large amount of traffic that was brought on by the annual film festival. Of course I was hoping that I would see at least one celebrity...not so much as we were informed they spend their days on rented yachts in the Mediterranean. Boo hiss! No Brangelina, no Orlando, no stupid Paris Hilton...no one. Just my luck!
Here are some pics of the festival area...

The big red carpet (there is also a little one)...


and the festival tents that line the beach.

I have to admit that it was really cool! Cannes was nice, but I think I liked Nice better...you will see why tomorrow!
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: