Sunday, September 7, 2008

We Made It!

I am very excited to tell everyone that Tut Anthony (my precious dog) and I safely arrived yesterday in our new home of Deutschland to join my husband, TJ! We were very tired and needed the last day to recover. And recover we did with a wake up call around noon! We filled up the day with various sites around the Mannheim area. We started with a long walk through the square and a light 2:00 lunch where Tut could join us at a cafe. We soon after grabbed a coffee (when in Germany...) and took off for Schwetzingen. It is a town 15-20 minutes away where we lost out on an awesome apartment earlier last month. Any way we took Tut and visited Schloss Schwetzingen (the castle) and the amazing gardens that surround it. I promise that if you come and visit me, we will go as I have never seen anything like it, and it is sure to please. We must have looked like tourists with our jaws dropped and our goofing around (take a minute to check out the photos below) ! After a late sushi dinner and the thought of moving into our new apartment in Seckenheim tomorrow, I must sign off...

Auf Weidersehen

TJ thinking

Me voguing


Tut posing





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey!

welcome to germany!
i come across your site after clicking "next blog".....(i started here...http://palmsout.blogspot.com/)
i hope you enjoyed your visit @ schwetzinger schloss!?!
the funny thing is...i come from schwetzingen! ;-)
i live here for round about 25 years and i love the city!!!

so i just want to say...greetings from schwetzingen

cu Ronny

Amy said...

I've found you my long lost Annie!
Oh, how I miss you coming into my office to blow off some steam!
AND... I cannot wait to read about your adventures!
Jude asked about you the other day, he wanted to know where ANNNNIEEE was???
Hope all is well, take care!
Amy

Unknown said...

I love Tut's picture! You guys must of looked like "stupid Americans!" I love it!

gardenmouse said...

Annie...love your blog idea and just wanted to say Hi and keep me posted about the gardens you visit...I am not sure I will get over to see you but sure would be great...

Loved all the pictures and poses!!!