Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Such an American...

TJ and I were killing ourselves to get out the door this morning. He had to go to work today and we were moving some of our stuff to the apartment from our hotel, Tut had to be pottied, and we were starving. So I make the comment that most Americans make when they are hungry and hurried in the morning, "lets grab a quick breakfast at McDonald's". And what I get in return is, "McDonalds doesn't have breakfast in Germany". My world suddenly came to an end! Do the German's even know what they are missing? The sausage capital of the world is missing out on a fabulous opportunity to make the sausage mcmuffin better than it currently stands! The story ends here as I was dropped off in Seckenheim without breakfast. I am sure one of the many things I will miss out on while we are here. I am trying to make the best out of this devastation and hope that I will start to only crave a sausage mcmuffin while I am in the US, much like I was when I moved away from Arizona. I love Baja Fresh and eat it every chance I get but now only want it when I am there. We'll see!
We are officially in our apartment fulltime beginning tomorrow, so no internet until Tuesday unless Seckenheim has an internet cafe that I haven't located yet. I will post pictures of the apartment the next time, so be patient.

Auf Wiedersehen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um, if you want to move home, I totally understand. The McDonald's situation is totally unacceptable.