Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sprechen Sie Englisch?

Sprechen Sie Englisch has gotten me a long way. So far I have made it through getting my brows done, getting clothes altered, communicating with a grocers and the schuhmacher, and finding a hair stylist. Sounds pretty good, right? Well I need a chiropracter and that is just one thing that I am a tiny bit nervous about. As I abused my body through my fitness career I always had at least one that I went to that had a good reputation. The latest one I had in the QC was the best ever, he saw that my knee was out of place and after he adjusted it I was a new lady. Seriously I think it was an injury from figure skating and that was done 12 years prior! I became a Monday regular at his office through the spring and summer and was completely asymptomatic. Fast forward three months and I am a mess! I think my atlas is out and I have had a headache for at least five days, and the rib that is always out is out again. What is a girl to do? How do I know if a chiro is good, and I am sorry he/she must speak English! It should be a requirement that if you crack my neck we should verbally understand eachother. TJ said he has heard through the grapevine that there is one in Heidelberg. When I asked him who knows or has been to him he said he was unsure, in fact no one knew the name. Not good. This is one time when I would feel so much better if I either spoke fluent German or was in the US. Clearly both of these things aren't going to happen any time soon! Wish me luck on this one...
Auf Wiedersehen

No comments: