Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Wins!

For the first time since arriving in Germany exactly two months ago, last night was the first time I had missed being in the US. I know that had we still been living in the Quad Cities, we would have made the 3 hour trip to Grant Park to witness Obama's acceptance speech. This picture is from our friend, Adam's blackberry. He, as well as, many of our other friends were a few of the quarter of a million Americans who gathered there. Instead TJ, Tut, and I stayed up in our German apartment a half world away to witness American history. The funny thing is that I am sure we were not the only ones. Congrats President-Elect Barack Obama, and Vice President-Elect Joe Biden! You have saved my family from having to return to the same mess we left not long ago. Take a look at Chicago last night... Chicago has seen many great events through out history, so what could be left? Hopefully the Olympics 2016!
Auf Wiedersehen

2 comments:

TJ said...

Amazing...but soon it will be time for him to deliver on some promises. Hopefully the American public has the stomach for what we have to do to clean up after the last 8 years under a conservative (in name only). I had several euro coworkers congratulate me (really our country) for making a 180 from Bush. USA!!!

Amy said...

Yahoo!
Eric and I were at the Gaston's last night with a few others watching. It is still very emotional for my hubby. He brought home a dozen Red and White roses with a Big Blue ribbon tonight and picked up as many newspapers he could. Thanks so much Annie for being my policatal advisory long before this election got started! God Bless America!