Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I am really excited about this year's election and have decided to get in the spirit as it is the first in recent years that I haven't had to teach an early morning class. So the first thing I did was make the fabulous decision to skip school tomorrow so we can stay up all night and check out numerous of my favorite news boyfriends...Anderson Cooper (known to me as "Andy), cute little Luke Russert, super funny Stewart and Colbert, and of course the always adorable George Stephanpoulos. I have tried to convince TJ that he needs to take the day off for America as well, but he loves John Deere too much! Good thing he doesn't sleep well and will stay up most the night anyhow. Just in case I have a plan to watch the coverage in the computer room (I love you, Slingbox) and roll out the futon so the man and the dog can take a snooze if needed. We also are having a meal, snacks and many desserts that remind us of US/Iowa. We are having Sloppy Joes, baked french fries, baked apple w/ice cream for dinner and then our late night snacks are my moms taco dip and chocolate brownies. Good thing I am skipping school tomorrow as I will need to hit the gym extra hard! It is also very easy to be excited here as the Europeans are too. They still ask me all the time who is going to win, and today I said..."for the last time I don't know yet". Then there was a debate in class and Riccardo from Italy said, "It doesn't matter if McCain is low in the polls, he will win as American politics is anything but predictable". I had to laugh!
If you haven't voted yet, please do as this election has been the best one yet and we all should be a part of it! Happy Election Day, everyone!
Auf Wiedersehen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so funny about calling Anderson Cooper "Andy" because I just had a dream he was at the New Kids concert with us and I kept calling him "Andy"! How funny!!

Annie said...

Stop rubbing it in about the New Kids already...so jealous...