Friday, November 7, 2008

Champagne to Forget

I spent the better part of the afternoon in the hair salon getting my hair dyed twice, cut far too short, and then was murdered on my bill. I am now in my sweats with my hair pulled back and a half bottle of champagne in trying to forget about this horrible experience. A couple of nights ago John Stewart was making fun of a woman who had her hair overstyled, claiming she had parentheses around her face. It came back to haunt me as I walked into the house and and my husband said, " WOW! You have parentheses around your face!" Then when I told him how much it cost him he didn't think it was funny anymore! Ha! To make it brief there was a slight language barrier and a large difference in taste. I should have known something was up when you could hear a pin drop in there! All I have to say is thank God for the apprentice who was about twenty who understood what color I actually wanted...too bad she couldn't cut and style me. I am hoping after I do it myself and put a flat iron to it that it won't be that bad. After this experience I am going to wait on the Chiro, I am not ready to trade walking for headache relief quite yet. I would attach a picture but I have more dignity than that, although I am sure you will see some pictures next week as we are going to Weinheim tomorrow for the last festival of the season...until Christmas Markts start in three weeks. I'll let you know how it went on Monday!
Auf Wiedersehen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WHEN I JOINED THE ARMY THEY SHAVED MY HEAD CHEER UP IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE
I WAS IN GERMANY FOR 18 MONTHS

Annie said...

Aubrey from Augusta??!! If so tell the cardiac rehabers and Ms. Portia I love and miss them!