Thursday, October 23, 2008

Me, Procrastinate?

Yep, sure do. I have to say that I never really did before as I never had the time. I don't have a lot of time now, but I guess I have more than I used to. On Mondays and Thursdays I have MBA assignments due, and the other days are prep work and online postings for that class. It is 8:00 pm and I still have not completed my assignment for tonight. I have started it, but certainly not finished it and I have found everything under the sun and the moon to do before finishing it. Some examples would be making chicken pot pies...from scratch, taking the dog for a giant walk, going to the grocery, laundry (of course), watched last night's Daily Show and Colbert Report, finished my German homework, and now here I am blogging. I need to just sit down and do it. It is even the perfect time as TJ is at practice. Oh yeah, I don't think tht I have mentioned that TJ plays Ultimate Frisbee also on Mondays and Thursdays. I think it is great and since they started playing inside, I just might have to go and take pictures so you can see him in action!
Procrastinating is just not me. I am always prepared, and usually have my assignments done way ahead of time. Is this the new German Annie? I hope not! TJ said it is probably because I am almost done (graduation date March 6, 2009) and would rather just be done now. He could be right, just this once.
On the other hand, German is going well. I assess it daily. Yesterday was not great and then today was easy for me. I was feeling pretty good until I had to open up my dictionary and found something in there I would have rather not seen. There is a sweet little place in the dictionary that conjugates verbs...I thought I was stumbling on a treasure- no way! I saw how many verb tenses there are and I wanted to scream. I have learned imperfect (past) and present, so I think I only need to learn future and I am set...again WRONG! Let me tell you what they are: present, present subjunctive, perfect, imperfect, future, conditional, imperative, past participle, and present participle. I just know I am going to take at least one more intensive course for 2 months and the thought of that is exhausting!
So tonight I thought I would make it fun with some German words and phrases that you might actually want to use.

Schon (with umlaut over o), it means Beautiful!
Was auch immer, means whatever
Ich liebe Dich, means I love you
Verdammt, means oh hell
Ist mir egal, means I don't care
Ich weiss nicht, means I don't know
Ich vermisse Dich, means I miss you

So everyone, Wir (TJ, Tut, and I) vermissen euch alle (miss you all)!
Auf Wiedersehen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Procrastination is a beautiful thing once you are used to it! Will send more chocolate chips your way! I know that convection ovens cook in half the time so maybe a lower temp:) At any rate, if needed, I will just bake and send! Take care!

Hey, do you get to vote?