Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crappy Weather Oasis

So far it has rained both yesterday and today and it is to continue through Saturday at least. Wet, damp, and cold weather is what you can expect November through at least February in Deutschland. Tut hates this weather, he will go out to potty only if he has his raincoat on and quickly does his business and wants to go home. It really isn't that bad as it doesn't rain all day, but it has been very gloomy.
So my language friend, Hazel, and I were not having the best day today at all! I was up late finishing an assignment for my HR class and she was up late working, as she still works fulltime for her company in South Africa as well as attends the German class (how she does this I will never know). That with crappy weather and sentence formation-distinguishing between the datative, accusative, and nommative forms of articles- led us to a fabulous conversation at lunch of where we'd rather be today. I was explaining to her that I'd rather be in places like Arizona or Hawaii and she told me her favorite was Namibia. I did think it was a little odd as it is a place that I hadn't ever thought about, but realized it is as close to her in South Africa as Phoenix is to Vegas! But after hearing how wonderful it is, I may have to put it on my list! She sent me some gorgeous pictures and I can't help but share them, especially when I hear it is getting very cold in the Midwest! Enjoy the crappy weather oasis of Namibia... Hazel got engaged very close to the site below.
And this is where I would be...


Isn't it beautiful. In Deutsch we would say, "Namibia ist sehr schon!"
Auf Wiedersehen

No comments: