Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Blumen

Tut and I generally walk all over Seckenheim in a given week, and now that I can read the signs I have realized what I have been missing out on...like cheap but beautiful flowers (called blumen in Deutsch). There are two fields in particular that I have had my eye on that have really great tulips that I want for my very own...and now I do. These fields are for those who want to cut their own fresh flowers. See? There used to also be daffodils, but now they are done and the flowers change with the season, and half the field hasn't been planted yet.

There is also a checkout stand that is not manned by anyone...it is on your honor. It is great because they have little blades to cut available to borrow...and no one seems to steal them, and there is also a compose pile for you to put any discarded foliage.

The result is 10 huge tulips for 4 EUR. I chose different shades of pink to brighted up my kitchen.

I loved it and I will do it again!
Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

gardenmouse said...

Annie,

I got the post card...thanks I have heard that the gardens over there are just great. My friend Michelle has sent me a post card, too! She said just what you said...must be a sign...I should go!!! Time will tell.

I read your blog everyday...and some other ones you list.

Rita