Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Black Music

We saw this ad in Heidelberg and I thought I would share it. I see these everywhere! Clubs, parties, and restaurants advertise when they have a special musical guest or special night by putting up posters everywhere. My favorite is when they have postings for "Black Music". The first time I heard anyone talk about this was when I was at the Goethe Institute for German lessons and a black guy came into class to give announcements about the happenings and he mentioned a group going to a club for black music. It probably doesn't seem strange over the blog, but at the time my friend Hazel (from S. Africa) and I were taken a little off guard. I think it is oddly interesting that no one is offended by R & B, Hip Hop, and Rap being classified as Black Music here. Or maybe not...seeing as though the most black people I have seen here at one time was maybe 5-6 at Zapattos last Friday.
There are many other interesting posters and billboards...I will keep my camera handy to maybe catch a few good ones now and then.
Auf Wiedersehen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet TJ likes the "black music"!