Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend Update

It was a low key weekend for us...the calm before the storm...but we enjoyed it. After I spent the afternoon with my friend Hazel in Mannheim (where I got a smoking deal on a muted orange trench coat), TJ and I had a nice night in. We made mexican and watched "In Bruges" to precede our trip there this coming weekend...hopefully our trip is better than the movie.
Saturday was consumed with grocery shopping and gym time before we went to a BBQ that evening. It was fun because there have been new additions to our ex-pat group which is good as some have left back to the States or are leaving soon enough. We hung out in one couple's garden, grilled out, and got to know the newest arrivals. The best part was me finding out about a German paw park near the house we were at so Tut can run off leash. I probably won't try it until Tut comes back from the States and is used to running around off lead otherwise he might be a bit crazy with the other dogs.
Sunday was not special as it rained all day. Big surprise here...if you visit make sure you bring a rain coat and umbrella. We never leave home with out ours! We hung out and relaxed the day away..it was nice!
Friday we leave for Belgium and then TJ leaves for the States right after. I believe this will mark the beginning of our busiest time yet!
Auf Wiedersehen

No comments: