Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Zurich, Switzerland: An Overnighter

We were supposed to leave for Switzerland on Saturday, but decided at the last minute to add a night in Zurich to our trip and ended up leaving on Friday so my Mom could attend the city's flea market on Saturday morning. It was a great decision for me as I have never been there and it turned out to be a pretty cool city. I will be sure to take TJ there another time. Zurich, for the most part, is nestled around Lake Zurich where boaters and sailors can be right on the water and the rest of us can admire it. A small portion of the city is the old city where shops, restaurants, and bars are plentiful. There architecture was also very cool..and like many other European cities, was very clean. Julie snapped more great photos here!
Here is part of the city with the hills behind it...

Some canal/street views.


A very old protestant church in the old city.

And a part of the new city.

I am sure TJ and I will spend more time there as well, so maybe there will be more posts in the future. The next day we went to our hotel near the Bodensee which was so cute...so more on that tomorrow!
Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And how far is this? I may need to add a few weeks onto my trip!!