Friday, August 28, 2009

The Bodensee

After Zurich, we traveled to our next hotel in Rorschacherberg, Switzerland. It sits on a hill overlooking the Bodensee, also called Lake Konstanz. The Bodensee is nestled between Germany, Austria, and Switzerland and is absolutely enormous and beautiful. Our hotel was so cute and charming! Its called the Rebstock...the rooms were huge and very clean offereing ridiculous views of the lake and hillside. Here is a look at the front!

And we had the best view from our terrace!

It was so charming that the hotel came complete with neighbors that had natural lawnmowers. The sheep even had bells around their necks...so cute. Tut wanted to catch one so bad!

And the hillside was beautiful. We were near the Alps, but not in sight of them due to the haze, although you could see the outline of them the day we left. We also had the best weather while we were there!

Both afternoons we were there we made our way down to the seaside for late lunches. Here was one of our views the second day...

I cannot count how many times we wished my Dad were here to experience this place. He love the water and boating and would have thoroughly enjoyed himself! I could just picture a sailboat for him right here in this marina!

Of course my Mom and I weren't the only ones who enjoyed our trip...Tut Anthony had a great time too! He went almost everywhere with us and behaved quite well too. Here he is watching the ducks in the lake with me. What a baby!

If you want a nice relaxing Swiss vacation I highly recommend the Rorschach and Rorschacherberg area near the Bodensee. It was lovely!
Yesterday I took my Mom to her ancestral homeland of Luxembourg. It was a fun day for both of us...more on that later!
Auf Wiedersehen!