Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend Update

TJ and I had a very busy weekend, and it was a long one as he was off on Friday too. After our date on Thursday, we slept in on Friday...correction...TJ slept in and I tried out my new running shoes. My knees are still a little sore, but I wasn't in pain so I'm going to say the shoes are a success! After we both got ready we were off to Mai Markt (more on this bazaar and expo tomorrow) to spend the afternoon exploring.
Saturday we decided to make a short day trip to Frankfurt as we have been there to fly but not really to see the city. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed ourselves walking the city and having a late lunch in the old city. The rest of the night was spent reading and catching up on stuff that was DVR-ed.
Sunday brought a bike ride into Mannheim to get some essentials before lounging at Luisen Park (LP). Every Sunday and all public holidays, every store and business shuts down so if you need something you are screwed...unless you can get it at the Hauptbahnhof. The train station never closes and there are businesses inside. TJ and I decided to grab some reading stuff to enjoy while we relaxed in the park (Newsweek and BusinessWeek for him and the fourth Twilight book me), and I also need some band-aids so thankfully there was a sort of Walgreens there. We had gotten to LP and just got cozy on our blanket in the grass when it decided to rain! And to this I say boo as I really wanted some sun! We thought it might not last long so we hung out under a gazebo roof and watched this serious man play life size chess. He was a character...complete with special gloves, fanny pack, white linen capris with black bikini cut undies, and to top it off...Chinese chess playing shoes. It made for a good passing of time until the rain stopped and forced us home with the sudden temperature drop. We then spent the night watching "Marley and Me". Bad idea. We have had some trouble with our really bad dog, Tut, lately and we were hoping to love him more after the movie. That didn't happen either...instead I missed our since passed yellow lab named Sunnie. She can assume the title as best dog ever...if only I had a picture here I would post it as a tribute to her. Unfortunately she died before digicams were the norm. Trust me, you would have liked her!
This week I will post about Frankfurt and Mai Markt as well as anything else that comes about.
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: