Wednesday, May 13, 2009

LP: A good idea in theory

We had a gorgeous April as it was sunny and warm almost every day so I had this bright idea to combine my two favorite summer pass times that I have rarely had time in the past to participate in...laying in the sun and reading fun books. Since the weather was good and I have an extraordinary amount of time on my hands these days I thought it would be great to start this summer thing now in May to get a base tan for our cruise. I even had the perfect place in mind...Luisenpark (though I call it the "LP"). I have blogged about it before, but it is a private park that is huge and very well maintained. It has another fantastic selling point...permanent lawn chairs to lay in! Perfect right? I thought so...so I went there at the end of last week to buy my season pass for 35 EUR and participate in my first day of sun training. Here is the spot I chose...
It is a very popular place and probably should be marked for mature audiences only. Why...because there is a lot of flesh out there. I had originally wore a tube top and shorts to avoid disasterous tan lines...no need...everyone there was in a bathing suit or less. Oh, and by everyone I mean the Geri's...the geriatrics. I think there may have been one other person under 65 there and she was wearing more clothes than most. Nakedness and age aside, I still liked it. It was quiet and sunny and basically wonderful. That was last Thursday...and since then it has been crappy out so I haven't been able to go...figures! But when I do go I will sport the bikini without a problem...if the 70 year old woman with a big gut can sport only the bottoms, then I really shouldn't be embarrassed about my decent exposure.
Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!! I bet everyone was "in the know" but you!! Very, very funny!