Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weekend Update

We got back from Switzerland on Saturday evening to find TJ getting ready for a festival, so my Dad and I went to check it out. It was freezing! So freezing that our friend Konrad slipped on some ice and broke his ankle! It was an awful break, and it happened just as they arrived. My Dad and I went independently to the Shriesheim festival- it was the "Festival of the Grape". Inside the tent they were serving wine, and outside they had beer and other fun treats. Here is a picture inside the tent...


Then Sunday, I took my Dad and Tutter to the top of the Heiligenberg to see Thingstaette and St. Michaels' Monestary ruins. It was also cold and very snowy up there, but there were tons of people sledding through the trails. This is a winter shot of the monestary ruins.



Later Sunday evening, we took my folks out for dinner at the Bierkrug (German cuisine), but first we made a stop at the Dubliner to toast my Dad's Uncle Earl that passed this week. We toasted Irish beer to a fine Irish gentleman. May he rest in peace.



We spent a few hours at dinner and introduced my parent's to some traditional pork dishes. It was really fun and everyone seemed to have a nice time.
The next day I took my parents to Heidelberg. My Dad had never been there before so we did a bunch of sightseeing while my Mom shopped. It was a cold, but very nice day as the sun was out. I can't figure out this weather- it is far too cold for Germany!
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: