Monday, January 18, 2010

The Weekend

We haven't really had much going on lately as we are some what exhausted from our busy fall. We have mostly been hanging out at home because of the weather being so miserable, but this last weekend we decided to do a couple of fun things. Friday night TJ took me out on a date in Heidelberg. It wasn't wild or anything, in fact, the only casualties were my favorite pair of black high-heel boots...darned cobblestones! We went to dinner near the old bridge at a little German place. Normally I don't love German food, but TJ was in the mood for schnitzel so I agreed. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was too. I can't remember the name, but I am almost sure I will be taking my Dad there when he comes! Then afterwards we went to an old favorite place, The Dubliner, where we caught the last half of the Bayern (Bavaria) - Hoffenheim (Mannheim's area soccer team) game. It was packed...but not nearly as fun as an American Football game! We each had a beer...I had a Kilkenny because that is where my Dad's family is from in Ireland. Of course, I had to take a photo for him!



Its always fun to go out with TJ! And it was a good night, except that Hoffenheim lost!
Saturday was lazy, aside from a trip to the gym. But Sunday was really good because we saw Avatar in 3D!!! I have to say that I was a hater until Oprah told me to go see it, and I am glad she did! I should have believed TJ when he told me I would have liked it...sorry, T! The only let down were the super annoying loud talkers behind us. Sadly they were Americans...and I know this because when it came time for intermission (normal in German theatres) one yelled, "This is Bullshit!". Nice. Anyway, if you haven't seen it you should because it is really awesome!
In other good news, the snow here is almost all melted!!!!!! This is good for both me and Tut as we don't like the snow unless you can snowboard in it. Which reminds me that the blog will soon be more exciting as we have an upcoming snowboarding trip to Chamonix-Mont Blanc, France planned for this weekend. So stay tuned!
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: