Monday, January 11, 2010

Simply Ridiculous!

I have been a little annoyed for about the last week, and especially last weekend with the weather situation over here. It won't stop snowing!!!!! Normally, our part of the country might get snow that sticks for a few days in the winter and then it melts. It usually snows at night and then by the end of the next day its gone. Last year we had some stick, but it was gone within a week and it wasn't that much, but people still couldn't believe it. This year we have this...



and this...


These pictures were taken outside my back window this morning! I object! Everyone who knows me, knows that I strongly dislike living in the snow. In fact, the only way I wouldn't mind it is if I lived in the mountains (but clearly I would still complain). Any way, I thought I had left the snow and everything that goes along with it in the Midwestern United States. Guess not. TJ was told by a co-worker today that it snows like this once every ten years, and unluckily for us it just happens to be a year that we live here. We probably have 4 inches that are sticking and the forecast has more coming. And to that I say, no thanks, Mother Nature. The silver lining better have something to do with amazing powdery conditions in Chamonix Mont-Blanc in a week and a half, or I just might lose it! I'll let you know when the time comes.
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: