Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Weekend in Iowa City

After about a million hours waiting on United Airlines to get their crap together and transport me to Iowa...I made it a day and a few hours later. It was perfect timing as my best friend, Laura, and her boyfriend came back to Iowa as well for his first visit. It was so fun on Thursday night and Friday for Laura, Rebecca, and I to get together and catch up a bit...and even more fun to make the trip to Iowa City with Laura and Scott on Saturday. A fall trip back to Iowa would have not been complete for either of us without and early morning tailgate and a Iowa Hawkeye Football game! And it was cold- I swear it felt like a November game! Laura and I, as well as other tailgating friends bundled up for the occassion!




It was Laura's boyfriend, Scott, who had his first Iowa tailgating experience as he is a Washington alum (boo-hiss). He was a good sport and purchased some Hawkeye attire and joined the festivities like an old pro!



After about 4 hours of good, clean tailgating we made the journey to the stadium...complete with bathroom break about half way there! The rest of us waited patiently...


Go Hawks! They played Arkansas State- and we made it to the stadium for pre-game for Scott to get the full experience.


We won, but the game sucked so we were ready for an old fashioned night out in Iowa City with college friends Jill, Joanne, and Andrew. First stop...MICKEY"S!!! Lore and I miss the best sandwich ever, the conglomeration! Here we are in our old routine!



After dinner we started a mini bar crawl that included Brother's, Martini's, The Union, and Bo James. Here is a snap of the girls at Tini's...


It was a good time and I hope for something similar next year, minus the mean hangover the next day! This weekend brings my annual girls trip- which is always my favorite trip of the year!!! We are leaving for Kansas City tomorrow and I can't wait! More details next week.
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: