Wednesday, October 14, 2009

KC Girls Trip

Each year I look forward to the amazing few days that my 4 best friends from high school and I get to share together. For the last seven years we have been to different destinations enjoying the company of eachother on our annual girls trip. This year the destination was Kansas City and it was fabulous! I would like to think it is especially exciting for me (although all of us probably think this) as living in Germany has its share of girlfriend limitations. For example it is a rare occassion that I find myself without my husband and instead out with 4 bright, intelligent, beautiful, and very fun (not to mention English-speaking) women for drinks on a given night no matter the occassion!
The trip itself was low-key as we spent a lot of time shopping and gabbing at restaurants, with the special highlights being a night out at Howl at the Moon, and a private showing of Couples Retreat in a VIP screening room complete with recliners and alcoholic beverages. I think it speaks greatly that of all the trips I have taken in the last year, the one that means the most to me is 5 days I spent KC with my best friends...I love them (although the south of France is a close second)! I mean just look at us...


I can't wait for next year!!! We are thinking warmer and all-inclusive as KC was unseasonably cold this year...of course. Thanks girls, for another amazing trip!
Auf Wiedersehen!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Right back at you...

Hazel said...

You must've been in HEAVEN! What a great thing you girls have going. Pure inspiration. Well...this girlfriend cannot wait for you to be back! :)