Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Update

TJ and my weekend seemed to begin on Thursday night as we went out with friends until the wee hours of the morning. There was an "After Work" party at the Heidelberg Castle and it was really fun. The castle ballroom was all lit up and there was a bar and a band upstairs and then a DJ downstairs. If I were being honest I would tell you it was sort of like a PG rave down there. I was hoping to put up photos of the party and our friends, but TJ took the camera to the States with him before I was able to snatch them! Friday night T had a haircut and took me out for pizza afterwards. It was a much needed low-key night as we were so tired from the night before! Saturday night came around and we went for drinks and dinner with our friend, Karen, and her boyfriend that was visiting from South Africa. It was very fun and we seemed to dine for hours...Indian food, yummy! It wasn't a late night as TJ needed to get back to get ready for his flight yesterday. I really don't like it when he is gone, but I will see him next week when I travel to Augusta for the house hunt. That should be interesting being that we both want different things in a house!
In other startling news, we haven't had American TV since Thursday! For those of you who know me at all you know this is devastating news! We have a slingbox and the person who handles it on the US side is on vacation. It hasn't been that bad and certianly hasn't gotten to the point where I am feeling behind on my shows yet...thanks to ITunes! But we will see what happens by weeks end.
Perhaps the best news of the weekend happened at about 8:30 am Saturday morning when I received a phone call I have been waiting on for a while. It was my best girlfriend, Laura (some of you might remember her from my wedding as she was our Maid of Honor) and she is now engaged!!!! I couldn't be more excited...so excited that TJ and I were asleep and both of us were so happy for Laura and Scott that we remained wide awake! Love that news! Congratulations, Laura and Scott!
That's all from here. Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: