Friday, November 27, 2009

Mannheimer Christmas Market

Some people go to the Mannheimer Market to shop for Christmas gifts or listen to live Christmas music...but not us. I save the Mannheimer Market specifically for the food, the friends, and the drink. It took us about 5 seconds to get some food and our first cup of gluhwein. It was just as I remembered it! There are two sections, the PG section near the water tower where I am here...



And the super fun eating and drinking area by the Engelhorn shops...and across the street from where T used to live for our first month. This is where friends meet up for happy hour and then some each night after work from the 25th of November to the 23rd of December. Here I am with Meredith, Kristina, and Karen three cups in...



Last night also had a first. Usually we drink the gluhwein, but now I have a new favorite called Obstweinpunsch (fruit wine punch). Its even better than gluhwein, in my opinion! It was fun and it makes me excited to get back after Hawaii as we have decided to hit the Heidelberg one next.
Tonight we will attend the annual ex-pat Thanksgiving and then tomorrow we begin our long journey to Hawaii for Jess and J.D.'s wedding so the next time I blog it may be from the Aloha State! Say your prayers for a safe trip for us.
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: