Sunday, December 13, 2009

More Wedding Festivities

We kept very busy and had a ton of fun with the activites leading up to the wedding. The happy couple, being the athletes that they are, put together a group fun run for our little wedding gang of friends. I am not exactly sure how far we ran, but it felt far and we ran one of the loops in the resort. And guess what? It was beautiful and fun up until the last part...heartbreak hill! Here we are goofing around...


And then running down by one of my favorite areas in the resort. There is lava rock on either side of the path and the ocean waves crash up against it. Becky and I kept joking that views sucked and hurt our eyes!


I didn't put any pictures of heartbreak hill up because they all looked too painful. I mean the looks on the faces of our little gang...and especially me being that I couldn't breathe! But here we are at the top when it was all said and done!


It was super fun and earned a beach day for most. A few of us had other things in mind like nails and a trip to a tatoo parlor. And for those of us without it...a dreamy trip to Target!
Later on that evening was a "Guys and Girls Night" where the boys went one way and the girls went another on campus. I loved the dinner portion because we really did celebrate our love for the bride when playing my favorite game, "Say Your Favorite Thing or Memory about the Bride". Which, of course, turns into funny stories! This is our candle lit table...it was so pretty!


And afterwards a photo of the CB boy's girls! Can you tell which one of us is the bride and doesn't live in a frozen winterland?


Following the dinner, the girls met up with the boys at one of the houses for champagne and cupcakes. The cupcakes were delicious...as was the champagne! At least the bride and I thought so...


Oh and the man to the left is the groom's stepdad and one of my most favorite people ever! The next day came with a hit...nausea for me...partly do to too much fun and partly due to a much needed trip to the chiro. So we decided to punish me by going outrigging. Actually I love outrigging and it was one of my favorite things we did last time and I didn't want to miss it! It was an unbelieveable day. The girls in our boat...


And the super hot guys...the husbands!


It was amazing for many reasons...the day was beautiful, we had the best guide, we laughed a ton, and saw dolphins!!! They swam right by us! My photography skills suck so I didn't get any clear photos of their passing, but the boys got out and swam with them. This a photos of them checking them out as they passed under us. So cool!


T says there is a video of the dolphins somewhere and I will try to find it and post it. It was awesome! We then spent the better part of the day at the beach where TJ earned himself a mean sunburn before heading to the Mainlander's Dinner.
The night before the wedding the couple hosted a gorgeous dinner at the Residence Beach House on the resort. It was so pretty as we were able to catch the sunset and then particiapte a yummy feast. These photos uploaded backwards again but they are of the groom's buddies and then the brides.



It was a very sweet party complete with toasts from the Dad's, which was a favorite of mine! Later that night we listened to a set from SmashMouth as they were performing at the resort on the golfcourse and you could hear them from the condo. Sysco Corp. had rented out the resort and they were the entertainment for their last night. The festivities were fabulous, but nothing compared to the time we had at the wedding! More on that tomorrow. Aloha!

No comments: